• Amy Poehler

    Last updated: October 19, 2016

    Amy Poehler is an American actress, writer and comedian. She started working with improv in the 90’s, moving to NYC to expand her work. Her group then started a sketch comedy show at Comedy Central. She went on to be part of Saturday Night Live’s cast before landing her starring role in Parks and Recreations (2009-2015). She’s had a few voice roles as well, most notably as Joy in Pixar’s Inside Out (2015). She’s also served as executive producers for shows like Swedish-American Welcome to Sweden and Comedy Central’s Broad City. Most recently she participated in Maya & Marty and will be featured in 2017’s The House, alongside Will Ferrell.

    amy poehler religion hobbies

    Amy Poehler Religion

    The comedian was raised Catholic but doesn’t seem to be as religious or even at all anymore. She’s spoken against restrictions to birth control, as mandated by the religion, and has talked about Catholicism’s apparent hypocrisy. “Really? You know who is not all Catholic now? All Catholics now. 98% of Catholic women say they’ve used birth control, and the other 2% are the ones always trying to get their church to start a softball team!”

    Amy Poehler Hobbies

    Amy likes sketching and drawing with her smaller kid. As for more individual hobbies, she enjoys collecting fake food. “I even have a sleeping bag shaped like a slice of pizza.”

    Amy Poehler Political Views

    Poehler seems to be on the left side of the spectrum, supportive of gay rights, Obamacare, medical marijuana legalization, and gun control. She also seems to be particularly interested in feminism. She’s endorsed Obama in 2012 and had Michelle Obama as a guest in her show Parks and Recreation. Everything points out to her supporting Clinton’s current candidacy.

    Who is she dating?

    Amy seems to like actor-comedians. She married Will Arnett in 2003 and had two kids together. The couple separated in 2012 and finally divorced in 2016. She dated Nick Kroll from 2013 to 2015. As of now it’s unknown whether she started dating again or not.

    Random Facts

    One of Poehler’s most famous works not starting with “Parks” and ending with “Recreation” includes Mean Girls (2004), where she played Rachel McAdams’ character’s mother. Interestingly enough, Poehler was only seven years older than McAdams at the time.