Shailene Woodley is an American Actress. She began her acting career at four years old when she began commercial modeling. Soon after more roles followed and she made her debut in 1999’s Replacing Dad. Later she got roles in The District (2000), Crossing Jordan (2001), and the Divergent series. She also had a lot of success in the TV series Secret Life of the American Teenager (2008–13).
“My religion is the Earth, man. I believe in trees,” Shailene told The Hollywood Reporter in March 2014. It is safe to assume that she isn’t super religious and that she is more spiritual.
She is a Democrat and openly supports the Democratic Party. She also was a big fan of Bernie Sanders when he ran against Hillary Clinton for the Democrat nomination in 2016. She believes that gay marriage should be legal and supports the LGBT community. She is also very passionate about saving and protecting the environment. Woodley was even arrested when she tried protesting the North Dakota pipeline.
Her hobbies include climbing trees, acting, backpacking, camping. She also loves to go for bike rides and on runs. She loves the outdoors and nature and most of her hobbies are outside.
Shailene Woodley is currently single. She likes to describes herself as a “floater” who likes going from one place to another seeing where the world takes her.
1) Her parents divorced when she was just fifteen years old.
2) Her parents gave her three rules when she fell into the acting business: she had to stay the person she was, have fun, and do well in school.
3) As a teenager she was diagnosed with scoliosis. She was put in a chest-to-hips plastic brace to straighten her spine.
4) Her favorite sport is basketball.
5) Shailene considers 1984 by George Orwell and Henry and June by Anaïs Nin as the books that changed her life.
6) She turned down the role of Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades of Grey (2015). The role eventually went to Dakota Johnson.