1. Amanda Bynes: After Twitter rants in 2013 and trying to seduce Drake, Amanda became less and less recognizable and showed up to court wearing a haggard, blonde wig after allegedly throwing a bong out of her high-rise apartment in Manhattan. Her parents were granted temporary conservatorship and she was placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold after she set fire to a California home.
2. Charlie Sheen: He took shots at his bosses at CBS and ex-wives while ranting about bizarre things on cocaine. His children were removed from his home after his estranged wife Brooke Mueller was granted a temporary restraining order against the actor following claims he threatened her several times, and that her children should not be raised in an environment where Sheen’s self-described “epic” partying seemed to be a regular occurrence.
3. Lindsey Lohan: She was arrested in 2007 for a DUI and given probation which she violated in 2010 and went to jail and subsequently a court mandated rehab. After a few weeks of being out of rehab, she tested positive for cocaine and returned to rehab with rumors of serious debt. Not long after she was caught and prosecuted for jewelry theft. The former Disney star was started to get her life on track when her mother, Dina, was arrested for a DUI. Lately she seems to have kept her nose clean and free of booger sugar.
4. Mel Gibson: Numerous taped telephone conversations featuring Gibson spewing racist, sexist and profanity-laced rants were “leaked” online amid a bitter child custody battle between the A-list actor and his former flame, Oksana Grigorieva, in which Gibson threatened to burn down her house, put her in a “f***ing rose garden” and called her some of the worst insults most of us had ever heard. Gibson has not had nearly as many movie opportunities as he once did, and is always associated with his meltdowns.
5. Paula Abdul was seemingly on top of the world when her career was revived with her spot as a judge on “American Idol.”But since then, she has had countless meltdowns, including one in 2008 where she was reportedly overheard yelling at someone at LAX in a “poltergeist voice”. Yikes. Then of course, there were the multiple appearances where she appeared to be suffering from “exhaustion” and on medication for her back that caused her to always seem, well, like she was on medication. In 2011, she called 911 on her boyfriend saying he had trapped her in the car. Later, her rep downplayed the call as simply a heated argument with “a loved one.”